A few years ago, my husband Anthony was diagnosed with Celiac disease, meaning he can’t tolerate gluten. We were all surprised, and it ended up changing the eating habits of our whole family. It was a change at first, but now I’m all about gluten-free recipes and meals for the entire family.
Once quarantine hit, and we had extra bananas around the house, I was ready to make my gluten-free banana bread recipe. It’s one that the whole family loves! I pop this recipe in the oven, and the kids get so excited! It’s a tasty treat that I serve as a dessert. I love to eat it in the morning before the kids get up. I cut myself a slice, grab a big cup of coffee, and head outside. It’s a nice weekend treat that I look forward to.
If you’re curious about how I make this gluten-free recipe, read on! You’re going to want to try this delicious treat for yourself! If you love baking gluten-free recipes, this one’s for you!
- 4 large ripe bananas mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup grass-fed butter melted
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
– Preheat oven 350 F
– Line pan with parchment paper
– Mash bananas in mixing bowl. Whisk in the eggs, vanilla extract and cooled melted butter until well-combined.
– In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients
– Incorporate dry ingredients with wet ingredients and stir until a batter is formed
– Bake for 40 minutes, turn off oven and allow banana bread to sit in cooling oven for 5 to 10 minutes
–Whisk in the eggs, vanilla extract and cooled melted butter until well-combined.
Violá! There you have it! Your gluten-free banana bread is ready to serve to guests and loved ones!